Helping Hands Human Needs Ministry
Helping Hands Human Needs Ministry serves the physical and emotional needs of Holy Cross parishioners and those within the boundaries of Holy Cross using the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ. If interested in volunteering or if you or someone you know would benefit from these ministries, call Theresa McLaury at 402-553-7500.
- Visiting parishioners in hospitals and coordinating sacraments as needed
- Communicating with parish organizations to determine the needs of the parish community
- Assisting with errands for individuals who are home-bound
- Reaching out to the marginalized to let them know they are loved and welcome in our church community
- Visiting retired priests
- Planning and helping with funeral preparations and acts of bereavement
- Hosting special events at the Douglas County Health Center
- Working with seminarians
- Coordinating the Prayer Partners Program that connects Holy Cross students with the elderly, disabled, marginalized, and home-bound
Communion to Shut-Ins
Volunteers bring the Eucharist to the home-bound on a weekly basis including Sundays and Holy Days. This includes Douglas County Health Center and Lindenwood Nursing Home. If you or someone you know would benefit from this service, call Theresa McLaury at 402-553-7500. Please also contact Theresa if you would like to volunteer to bring communion to shut-ins.